CPC, which stands for City-Pier-City is a running event being held next year on 11th March 2018. The run starts in the centre of The Hague (City) and goes to Scheveningen and back to the city centre. Which is exactly 21k. It is the first big run after the winter. Joining this run means that you have to prepare yourself during the long nights of the year. People that join the event have been training in all kinds of weather. It is a run for people with spirit. If you got reading upto here, it means you're interested. There is a 5k and a 10k track besides the 21k. Running club Clingendael Run & Walk has as goal to make as many people enjoy running in nature. That's why there are every year special training groups that prepare you for the 5k and 10k. The training in in the surrounding of the Park Meijendel with it's beautiful white dunes, Park Clingendael and Haagse Bos.
The first training session is on Saturday 18th November 2017.
Why run with Clingendael Run & Walk?
Each training is given by certified trainers (certifaction is by the Dutch Atletics Union). One fixed trainer will pay attention on how you are doing, the trainer will be aware of your style of running and gives you excercises that will suit your condition, all to prevent any inhjuries. The trainers also will provide you with information on running shoes, clothing and injury prevention.
The target group of people is
- Runners that have a bit of condition and who want to improve that upto a 5k run.
- People that can run 4-5k and want to extend that to 10k.
- The experienced runner who want to train in a group guided by a trainer.
- When you don't want to think about routes and training schedules.
- When you want to be motivated. The experience is that regurlary running with a group, makes it easier.
- When you want to live more healthy.
- Or when you are in The Hague and just want to meet some other people.
This is all being offered for only € 57. You will receive:
- Two training sesssions a week: Saturdays from 9.15am - 10.30am and Mondays from 6.15pm - 7.30pm
- A training scheme with 3 training sessions a week en trainingsschema met 3 trainingen per week;
- Training from an experienced trainer